- For control of legume (alfalfa, clover) bloat in cattle when consumed at the indicated rate.
- Protects against frothy bloat in legume and wheat pastures when used as directed
- Allows worry-free utilization of high-quality legume pastures.
- Consistent consumption results in continuous delivery of Bloat Guard® and thus reliable protection
- Weather-resistant blocks can be placed directly in pastures with cattle and require no special feeders or bunks
Available in a 33 lb. block
|Crude Protein (Min.)||4.00%|
|Crude Fat (Min.)||0.05%|
|Crude Fiber (Max)||12.5%|
|Salt (Min.)||19.0%||(Max) 23.0%|
|Iodine (Min.)||43 PPM|
|Selenium (Min.)||13 PPM|
Molasses Products, Roughage Products, Salt, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Sulfate, Mineral Oil, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Sulfate, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide and Calcium Carbonate.
Active Drug Ingredient: Poloxalene……………6.6%
To be fed at the rate of 0.8 oz. of block per 100 lb. of body weight per day. Example: 8 oz. (0.5 lb.) of block for a 1000 lb. animal daily.
For adequate protection it is essential that each animal consume the total recommended dosage of SWEETLIX® Bloat Guard® Block Daily.
Omit all salt from feed. Do not feed free choice sources of salt or mineral containing salt in any form. These blocks are an adequate source of salt.
Begin feeding blocks continuously. Feed blocks and full feed dry non-legume hay at least 48 hours prior to legume (alfalfa, clover) consumption. Repeat when block consumption is interrupted to maintain control.
Provide at least 1 block for each 5 head of cattle; add 1 additional block when each block has been half-consumed.
The location of the block is extremely important for adequate consumption. Place blocks where cattle congregate (watering, grazing and loafing areas) in order to limit the distance an animal must travel to have ready access to a block.
Controlled grazing practices (Strip Grazing) are recommended in order to limit the distance an animal must travel to have ready access to a block.
In some instances, it may be necessary to confine cattle in a dry lot with additional SWEETLIX® Bloat Guard® Blocks for a period each day.